- 20 Views of Olde London Tea Gardens, and Olde London Houses of the XV11 and XIX Centurys from Scarce Prints and Drawings in the Crace Collection in the British Museum.
- [London] n.d. c.1900
- Small 4to, original blue card boards with new cloth spine and hinges. Corners have been reinforced, otherwise in v.g. condition. Dated c.1900 according to 'World Catalogue of Books' website. With 20 hand coloured facsimile plates, all rather charming, and naive views of old London. *Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool. (Ronnorm@aol.com)*
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontis. A View of the English Grotto, near the New River Head. 1760.
2. Title page.
3. The Old Gun Tavern & Tea gardens, Buckingham Palace Road. Taken before its demolition, May 1857.
4. The back of the Old Gun Tavern as seen from the Tea Gardens. Before the demolition, May 1857.
5. View of the Old Queen's Head, Islington. Pulled down, October 1829.
6. White Conduit House Tavern and Tea Gardens, 1817.
7. Old Bulk Shop. Temple Bar, 1840.
8. The "Old Boot" Public House, Cramer Street, Judd Street, 1780. Rebuilt 1801.
9. Bird's Eye View of White Conduit Gardens from a drawing taken in 1849.
10. Busby's Folly, Islington, 1731.
11. The Village of Marylebon as it appeared in 1750, from a rare print.
12. View of the Tea Gardens & Bun House, Bagnigge Wells & the Tile Kilns, Gray's Inn Road. From a Drawing taken in 1790.
13. The Red Cap Tea Gardens and Halfway House between London and Highgate, formerly standing in the Upper Holloway Road, 1780.
14. Hornsey Church in the County of Middlesex with the adjacent country, 1780.
15. The Rosemary Branch Tavern. Islington, 1848.
16. The Tea Gardens of the Rosemary Branch, Islington with view of the Tight Rope Dancing & Pony Races, 1846.
17. The Old Dog & Duck Tavern. 1646. Copied from an old drawing.
18. The Spring Garden. Belgrave Road. 1774.
19. Highgate Archway from the Turnpike Gate at Holloway. 1809.
20. Highbury Assembly House, near Islington, kept by W. Willoughby, 1792.
21. The Music House, Sadlers Wells, 1731. Taken down 1764.
- Hand coloured plates
- British Isles, London, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID