- MORO, Marco.
- Album delle principali vedute di Venezia.
- Venice: G. Brizeghel, (c. 1855)
- FIRST EDITION. Oblong folio (445 x 315 mm). Modern half cloth with marbled boards with sparsely gilt spine. 12 lithogr. plates in contemp. colour, 1 lithogr. plan. The rare large-format edition of this series. The complete series of Moro's splendid views of the city of Venice, found here in excellent original colouring with partial albumen highlighting. Compared with the copy in Yale University, the present copy has been expanded by an extra plan of the city as well as two additional coloured views (Rialto and San Marco) which do not belong to the series and were executed by the veduta painter A. Dalola. Not to be confused with later, reduced printings of Moro's views with bilingual captions - the present first edition contains titles in Italian only. Good copy.- (Slight foxing. Two leaves with occasional light smudging to ink border, otherwise clean and unspotted throughout).
Coloured plates in order:
1. Pianta Della R. Citta di Venezia (map/plan).
2. Place St. Marc.
3. Basilique S. Marc.
4. Interieur de L'Eglise de S. Marc.
5. Petite Place de S. Marc.
6. Cour du Palais Ducal.
7. Quai des Esclavons (Hotel Royal Danieli).
8. L'Eglise de S. M. Della Salute.
9. St. George.
10. Palais Foscari.
11. S. Jean et Paul.
12. Gondola Veneziana.
13. Pont sur la Lagune.
14. Ponte di Rialto.
15. Mole de la Place St. Marc a Venise.
- OCLC 38060852.
- Hand coloured plates
- Architecture/Mansions, Italy, Map, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID