- LUNDQUIST, Abraham & Co. (lithog)
- Die norwegische Armee 1866.
- Stockholm: Abrah. Lundquist & Cie, [no date but binding dated 1866]
- Folio (20 1/2 " x 15 3/4"). 8 large chromolithographic plates finished by hand, each cut to the edge of the image and mounted on original thick wove paper mount, each mount printed in bistre with a decorative surround and the titles to the individual plates. (Plates with creasing or small tears to blank margins of mounts). Unbound as issued within early red cloth portfolio with flaps. upper board titled in gilt 'Die norwegische Armee - 1866.' (some soiling ties lacking). A rare series picturing the latest Norwegian army uniforms. No copies of this attractive large-format work are listed as having sold at auction in the past thirty five years. Both Colas and Lipperheide record what is evidently another issue of this work with the title (as given above) taken from the printed cover and published in Orebro by N.M. Lindh rather than Stockholm as here.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Kongl. Norsk Musketerer.
2. Konig. Norsk Jaeger-Corps.
3. Den Kongl. Norske Cavalleri-Brigade.
4. Den Kongl. Norske Artilleri-Brigade.
5. Det Kongl. Norske Kadet-Korps.
6. Generalitet Og Kongens Stab.
7. Kongl. Norske Garde-Skarpskytter Comp.
8. Generalstab, Ingenieur Og Feltlae Gecorpset.
- Colas II 2213 (variant imprint); Lipperheide I Qi13 (variant imprint)
- Hand coloured plates
- Costume, Military, Polar regions
- Stock ID