- ACKERMANN, Rudolph.
- Historical Sketch of Moscow: Illustrated by Twelve Views of Different Parts of That Imperial City, The Kremlin, &c
- London: R. Ackermann, 1813.
- 4to. (13 6/8 x 11 4/8 inches). Title-page and descriptive text bound after plates. 12 exceptionally fine aquatint with original hand-colour on Whatman paper dated 1805. Original brown paper boards, publisher's printed label on upper board. Uncut. Boards and extremities rubbed and worn. Some minor spotting and age toning throughout. Coloured aquatints.
Colour plates in order:
1. View of the Entrance to Moscow, from Volodemer.
2. View of the City of Moscow, from the banks of the Mosqua, & near the Convent of Spas na Novoi.
3.View of the Great Square, with the shops at Moscow.
4. View of Moscow, taken from the Imperial Palace.
5. View of the Palace of Petrovski.
6. View of Moscow, taken from the Balcony of the Imperial Palace.
7. View of the Imperial Palace of the Kremlin at Moscow.
8. View of the Ice Hills, during the Carnival, at Moscow.
9. Walls of the Kremlin, extending to the Round Tower.
10. View of the Stone Bridge, & the Environs of Moscow.
11. View of the Old Wooden Theatre at Moscow.
12. View of the Holy Gate, & part of the Environs of Moscow.
- Abbey Travel 224; Tooley 262; Bobins I 177.
- Hand coloured plates
- Ackermann, Russia, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID