- FROUDE, James Anthony.
- History of England, from the Fall of Wolsey to the Death of Elizabeth
- London: John W. Parker, 1856-70.
- (EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED) 12 vols., 8vo. Extra-Illustrated with more than 200 plates of which many are hand coloured. Most handsomely bound in fresh three quarter brown morocco, marbled endpapers; attractive gilt panelled spine; top edge gilt; Fine. A very attractive set.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. Cardinal Wolsey.
2. George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham.
3. Bishop Latimer.
5. Henry VIII.
6. Thomas Cromwell.
8. St. Paul's School.
9. Sir T [homas] More.
10. Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk.
11. Pope Julius II (Giuliano Della Rovera).
12. Catherine of Aragon, fourth daughter of Ferdinand and Isabelle. First wife of King Henry VIII.
13. Francis I. King of France.
14. Pope Clement VII. (Giulio de Medici).
15. Charles V.
16. Thomas Howard, Earl of Arundel and Surrey.
17. William Wareham, Archbishop of Canterbury.
18. Henry Percy, Earl of Northumbeland.
19. The Parliament House, from Old Palace Yard, Westminster.
20. Thomas Cranmer.
21. George Carew, Earl of Totnes.
22. John, Fiest Lord Maitland of Thirlestane.
23. Sir Walter Scott.
24. Richard Kirwan Esq.
25. Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey.
26. Frontispiece. Luther.
27. [John Wycliffe].
28. The Great Quadrangle, Christ Church
29. Staircase to the Hall, Christ Church.
30. West Front of Christ Church.
31. Thomas Garnett, M.D.
32. The Marchioness of Exeter.
33. Hermangarde, Princess Plantagenet.
34. Sir William Jones.
35. John Aylmer, Bishop of London.
36. James Butler, Second Duke of Ormond.
37. Robert Rich, Earl of Warwick.
38. Queen Jane Seymour.
39. William Powlett, Marquis of Winchester.
40. Percy B. Shelley.
41. Frontispiece. Anne of Cleves. Daughter of the Duke of Cleves. Fourth wife of King Henry VIII.
42. John Russell, First Earl of Bedford.
43. J. Scott Russell, Engineer & Ship Builder.
44. The Catholic Chapel, Finsbury.
45. [Thomas Wentworth, Earl of Stafford].
46. John Dudley, Duke of Northumberland.
47. Charles Hutton.
49. Hans Holbein.
50. Sir F. Walsingham
51. Frontispiece. Archibald Campbell, Marquis of Argyll.
52. Queen Catherine Parr.
53. Allington Castle, Kent.
54. The King's Entrance to the House of Lords from Poets Corner.
55. Twyford Abbey, Middlesex.
56. Sir W. Hamilton.
57. The New Town Hall, Leith.
58. The Signal Tower, Leith Harbour.
59. Frontispiece. Catherine Parr. Sixth wife of Henry VIII.
60. Ambrose Dudley, Earl of Warwick.
62. Francis Russell Esq.
63. Thomas, Lord Semour of Sudeley.
64. Lady Jane Grey.
65. William Cecil, Lord Burghley.
66. Edward Montagu, Earl of Sandwich.
67. Nicholas Ridley, Bishop of London.
68. Asylum for Female Orphans, Westminster.
69. New Government Mews, Princes' Street, Story's Gate, Westminster.
70. St. Paul's Cathedral.
71. The Rev'd Rowland Hill.
72. Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester.
73. William Herbert, Duke of Pembroke.
74. Christ's Hospital.
75. Frontispiece. Catherine Howard. Fifth wife of Henry VIII.
76. Margaret Tudor. Queen of Scotland.
77. The Lady Jane Grey.
78. Guy's Tower Warwick Castle, Warwickshire.
79. John Skelton, Poet Lauret to King Henry the Eighth.
80. Alexander Nowell.
81. [Thomas] Gray.
82. Southwark, towards St. Margaret's Hill.
83. The London Bridge.
84. Sourhwark Bridge, from Bank Side.
85. William Hunter M.D.
86. John Bradford.
87. Marguerite Duchess de Joyeuse, Sister to Louise de Lorraine, Queen of France.
88. Archbishop Parker.
89. Francis II of France.
90. View of Westminster Abbey. Shewing the manner in which it was fitted up at the Coronation.
91. James, Marquis of Hamilton.
92. Dr. James Hamilton of the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh.
93. [Hampton Court Palace].
94. Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk.
95. Joseph Kinghorn.
96. Greenwich from the Park.
97. Sir John Leslie.
98. [Henry Spencer. First Earl of Sunderland].
99. Frontispiece. Sir Nicholas Bacon.
100. The Right Hon. George Fitz-Clarence, Earl of Munster &c. &c.
101. Warwick Castle, Warwickshire.
104. Sir George Cockburn G.C.B. Maj Gen of Marines.
105. Dowager Marchioness of Donegal.
106. Frontispiece. George Buchanan.
107. Robert Leighton D.D. Archbishop of Glasgow.
108. [Cardinal Allen].
109. Part of the Charter House.
110. Sir Francis Drake.
111. Henry Wriothesley, Earl of Southampton.
112. Don John of Austria.
113. His Royal Highness William Prince of Orange Nassau, Sovereign of the United Netherlands.
114. Chichester Cross.
115. Thomas Cecil, First Earl of Exeter.
116. Ravensworth Castle, Durham.
117. Frontispiece. Dr. Cartwright.
118. The New Caledonian Aylum.
119. Thomas Sackville, Earl of Dorset.
121. Walter Devereux, Earl of Essex.
122. Frontispiece. Sir Christopher Hatton.
123. Highbury College, S.W. Front.
124. Philip Howard, Earl of Arundl.
125. Lady Arabella Stuart.
126. Sir Thomas Charles Morgan.
127. Frontispiece. Henry IV.
128. Plymouth Sound.
- Hand coloured plates
- History - England
- Stock ID