- GODBY, James.
- Author 2
- Serafino B. Buonaiute and P. van Lerbergi.
- Italian Scenery; representing the Manners, Customs, and Amusements of the different states of Italy.
- London: Printed for, published and sold by Edward Orme, Bond Street, the corner of Brook Street; sold also by Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme, Paternoster Row, 1806.
-  l. 74 p.  l. : ill. music. col. front. & plates ; (folio) text in english and French. FIRST EDITION. 32 hand coloured line and stipple engravings after Godby. Straight grained morocco, lavishly tooled in blind and in gilt to boards. Raised bands and gilt compartments to spine, morocco title label lettered in gilt, all edges gilt. Coloured endpapers, board extremities slightly rubbed and worn. Hinges rubbed. Good condition. Later edition produced by M'lean in 1823.
Coloured plates in order:
2. Dance of Lazzaroni Children.
3. Neapolitans Eating Macaroni.
4. The Fishmonger.
5. A Calessino, or Hackney-Chaise.
6. The Dance of the Tarantella.
7. Playing at the Ring.
8. [The] Washing Place at Torre del Greco.
9. The Country Eating-House.
10. The Hermitage [of Capua].
11. The Fountain of Capua.
12. Interior of a House at Fondi.
13. A Roman Family and the Temple of Minerva Medica.
14. The Fish Market at Rome, and Portico of Octavia.
15. Playing at Bomble-Puppy, and the Temple of Vesta.
16. [The] Street-Singers.
17. The Protestant Churchyard at Rome [with the Pyramid of Caius Cestius].
18. A Fountain near Rome.
19. A Capuchin Friar.
20. A Direction Post on the Highway near Rome.
21. The Confessional [of Albano].
22. A Vintage.
23. The Temple of Hercules.
24. A Play with the Fingers called [the game of] Mora.
25. A Piedmontese Dance.
26. A Fountain at Masso.
27. A [Travelling] Tinker.
28. The Catechism.
29. The Miners [the Quarrymen of Grisante].
30. A Country Inn.
31. The Young Savoyards' Departure.
32. The Young Savoyards' Return.
- Bobins III 1029; Abbey Travel 164; Tooley 354; Colas 2970; Lipperheide 1258.
- Hand coloured plates
- Culture/Lifestyle, Italy, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID