- COSTE, Dieudonne
- Author 2
- Joseph-Marie Le Brix.
- La Grande Croisière de Costes et Le Brix.
- Paris: Lapina et Fils, 1928.
- First separately printed edition of this article published in the journal l'Intransigeant, produced for the aviation companies 'Louis Breguet' and 'Hispano-Suiza'. 2 etched portraits by Gorvel as frontispiece. Drawing and watercolours by Jean Hallo with 10 colour plates highlighted by pochoir by the artist, and 28 woodcut illustrations, including 10 ornamental letters printed in 2 colours and highlighted in white gouache. Limited edition on Verge. This work is number 1958 of 2,000. The plates are printed on Madagascar. Vanilla coloured paper wrappers. Uncut.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Biplane flying over the ocean.
2. Biplane over a desert camp.
3. Biplane flying over Rio de Janeiro.
4. Biplane flying over the Rio de la Plate en route to Buenos Aires.
5. Biplane flying high over the Andes.
7. Biplane flying over a Central American volcano.
8. Biplane flying over the Manhattan skyline.
9. Biplane flying in Japan.
10. Biplane flying over North Africa.
- Hand coloured plates
- France, Pochoir, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID