- La Suisse. [Picturesque Switzerland, in full colour]
- No place, no publisher, ca. 1840
- Oblong 8vo. Contemporary brown cloth with gilt title on spine and gilt title "La Suisse" in centre on upper board, silk endpapers, all edges gilt. With wood-engraved frontispiece illustrated with animals, 20 full-page aquatint plates, exquisitely coloured by hand in very bright colours and heightened with gum arabic. [1, 20, 1 blank] ll. Attractive album with 20 fine hand-coloured plates of Geneva and surroundings. All plates are pasted on paper and have sparkling and bright colours. They depict the lakes, mountains, villages and other scenery from the area. Plates are not captioned. Good copy, with ownership's stamp on first blank.- (Spine cracked, first leaf loose).
Coloured plates in order:
1. Swiss Chalet.
2. Swiss Waterfall.
3. Bridge over Lake.
4. Village near to Geneva.
5. View of Geneva.
6. Castle on Lake Geneva.
7. Snow Capped Mountains.
8. View of Geneva.
9. Castle on the edge of Lake Geneva.
10. Monument on the shore of Lake Geneva.
11. Steamship on Lake Geneva.
12. Distant view of Geneva.
13. Village and Castle near to Geneva.
14. Chalet and Church (?) on the shore of Lake Geneva.
15. Chalet and Mountains in the distance.
16. Goat herders, Goats and their dwellings set against a spectacular Mountain backdrop.
17. Snow capped mountains and Glacier.
18. Mountain Pass with village.
19. Man blowing an Alpine Horn, with castle and farmers, with spectacular Mountains in the background.
20. People on a Bridge running along a Mountain Valley.
- Hand coloured plates
- Swiss, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID