- MINUTOLI, La Baronne De
- Mes Souvenirs d'Egypte.
- Paris: Nepveu, 1826.
- Two volumes. 8, , XXVIII, 174, , 192 pp. Illustrated with 9 hand-coloured plates (one folding). 12mo., bound in original printed paper wrappers, edges uncut, in a recent full black morocco solander box, with gilt in letters and in rule to spine. Some foxing throughout. A fine copy of this rare early nineteenth century account of a trip to Egypt, one of a series of similar books published by Nepveu on various parts of the world. The author was the wife of the Prussian archeologist Heinrich von Minutoli, and had visited Egypt with him in 1820. Despite some soiling and staining a fine copy of a rare little book, with OCLC listing only six copies Worldwide, with the only American copy being at Harvard.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Caravanine de la Mecke, d'apres un dessin de Mr. Cassas (folding plate).
2. Femme d'Egypte en course, accompagne de son Lais.
3. Bouffon Turc.
4. Psille, Magicien enchanteur de Serpent.
5. Egyptienne sortant du bain.
6. Arabe, cuisant du Cafe.
7. Frontispiece. Portrait de Mme. Faker.
8. Danseuse Egyptienne.
9. Jeune fille de Syrie.
- Hand coloured plates
- Africa, Costume, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID