- GRASSET-SAINT SAUVEUR, Jacques de
- Moeurs, Lois et Costumes des habitans de l'isle d'Oonolaska.
- Paris: Deroy, 1796.
- Modern quarter vellum. With 2 hand-coloured aquatint plates by J. Laroque after Grasset-Saint Saveur. (2), 5, (1) pp. coloured aquatint plates by J. Laroque after Grasset-Saint Saveur. (2), 5, (1) pp. Two attractive and finely hand-coloured illustrations of Alaskans with descriptive text, taken from the large series 'Encyclopedie des voyages'. Jacques Grasset-Saint Saveur beautifully depicts the peoples of the world in his several richly illustrated works, thus familiarising his European contemporaries with exotic cultures, customs and dress. A fine copy.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Homme de Oonolashka.
2. Femme de Oonolashka.
- Colas 1292; Hiler, p. 390; Lipperheide 41
- Hand coloured plates
- 18th Century & earlier, Costume, Russia
- Stock ID