- ROSS, John.
- Narrative of a Second Voyage in Search of a North-West Passage, and of a Residence in the Arctic Regions during the Years 1829-1833...
- London: A. W. Webster, 1835.
- Large 4to. 30 plates charts and maps: 7 hand coloured, 2 plans coloured Large chart facing pp1, not at rear (repaired). Copy has had 3 plates replaced - 1 in cut down size - 390, 401, 518. Rebound in half red leather over marbled, morocco boards, marbled edges. Some foxing to plates. General offsetting of the colour plates and some damp marks at rear.
Coloured plates in order:
1. [Folding Map] Chart of the Discoveries in the Arctic Regions in 1829-1833.
2. Andrewross Island.
3. Felix Harbour.
4. 1st Communication with the Natives of Boothia Felix.
5. North Hendon. Snow Cottages of the Boothians.
6. Ikmalick and Apelagliu.
7. Shulanina / Tulluachiu / Tirikshiu.
8. Umingmak.(Ross killing a Musk Bull.)
9. Somerset House. Transverse Section / Longitudinal Section.
10. Ground Plan.
- Abbey Travel 636; Sabin 73381; Bobins I 61.
- Hand coloured plates
- Map, Polar regions, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID