- Ogasawara-ryu Hisho.
- Unknown: [Japan, ca. 1800.]
- This is a book on the old customs and manners of archery, horsemanship, banners and display at the alcove in a Samurai house, according to the style of one of [the] Samurai manner schools, 'Ogasawara-ryu'. In traditional flimsy paper covers, book is stitched, some contemporary Japanese lettering to cover, loose identification paper to front cover. Numerous uncoloured, partially and fully coloured illustrations and diagrams.
There are too many illustrations to list all of them, so I have listed only a select few plates.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Archery bows.
2. Portable chair.
3. Assorted banners.
4. Assorted decorated weaponry.
5. Assorted Japanese artefacts.
6. Japanese panels and table and pots.
7-8. Assorted Japanese furniture, books, vases, tables etc.
9-10. Assorted Japanese artefacts.
11. Typical Japanese folding screen.
- Hand coloured plates
- Culture/Lifestyle, Japan
- Stock ID