- DUNLOP, Robert Henry Wallace.
- Service and Adventure with the Khakee Ressalah; or Meerut Volunteer Horse, During the mutinies of 1857-1858
- London: Richard Bentley, 1858.
- Coloured lithographed frontispiece and two plates finished by hand, and 5 black and white plates, some illustrations in the text, 32 pages publisher's advertisements at the back dated July 1858, 8vo: FIRST EDITION. Half burgundy morocco with marbled boards, title in gilt to spine and with blind raised bands and repeat motif and rule in gilt. Some marginal wear and soiling of leaves, light browning, else very good. Hibbert, Christopher “The Great Mutiny India 1857” cites this work. Dunlop was the Magistrate at Meerut during the mutinies and had retained notes and drafts of his letters to write this work. The Appendix lists the Corps that mutinied or were disarmed.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. A Volunteer Trooper of the Meerut Khakee Ressalah.
2. A Goorka Soldier / A Sikh Servant of Rajah Lal Sing.
3. A Sikh Recruit / A Mussulman Sowar.
- Hand coloured plates
- Chromo added colour, India, Military
- Stock ID