- SHAKESPEARE, William.
- Author 2
- Paul Woodroffe. (Illust)
- Songs From the Plays of Shakespeare From The Illustrated English Poems Series.
- London: Aldine House, 1898.
- First Limited Edition. Number 4 of a limited edition of 10 printed on Vellum for the Guild of Women-Binders and coloured by hand and signed by Miss Gloria Cardew. 85 pp plus twelve colour plates, along with many hand-coloured vignettes. Gorgeous full brown morocco decoratively stamped with gold roses and border on covers, spine, and turn-ins, by Bradstreet's. Joints, tips, and edges rubbed with surface loss, few light soil marks and some areas of uneven discolouration; watered silk endpapers, damp- stains to top margins of FEP (which blends well with moire pattern in any event), colophon, half-title, and frontispiece. Very Good. Full Morocco.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. You spotted snakes with double tongue.
2. It was a lover and his Lass.
3. Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more.
4. Come unto those yellow sands.
5. Lawn as white as driven snow.
6. When shepherds pipe on oaten straws.
7. Blow, blow, thou winter wind.
8. When icicles hang by the wall.
9. Full fathom five thy father lies.
10. Take, O, take those lips away.
11. How should I your true love know.
12. Orpheus with his lute made trees.
- Hand coloured plates
- British Isles, Literature
- Stock ID