- EVANS, Arthur Benoni.
- Author 2
- J. Atkinson. (illust)
- The Cutter, in Five Lectures upon The Art and Practice of Cutting Friends, Acquaintances...
- London: J. Carpenter, 1808.
- FIRST EDITION. 8vo (18 x 11 cm). pp.[vi]+104. Bound by Hatchards in half brown calf over marbled boards; spine with gilt lettered title labels; marbled endpapers. Colour frontispiece and 5 colour plates by J. A. Atkinson. Minor wear to joints slight chipping to lower label some very light foxing. New cloth interior hinge, spine relaid, repairs in matching leather. *Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool. (Ronnorm@aol.com)*
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontis. A Complete Cutter - Warranted Steel.
2. No title. [Cutter and Cuttee] (folding plate)
3. No title. [Cutting an Acquaintance] (folding plate).
4. No title. [Cutting Friends] (folding plate).
5. No title. [Cutting Relations] (folding plate).
6. No title. [First (cutting) Lines for the Ladies] (folding plate).
- Prideaux p.326; Abbey Life 295.
- Hand coloured plates
- Caricatures, Culture/Lifestyle, London
- Stock ID