- HUMPHREYS, Noel.
- The Illuminator.
- London: Barnard & Son n.d. 
- Folio. Half crimson calf over marbled boards with single gilt filet to boards; raised bands in blind to spine; title in gilt to spine; bookbinders label to lower front pastedown; edges lightly soiled; some plates with light foxing; Good condition with only occasional foxing. A SCARCE Noel Humphrey's Chromolithographed and hand-coloured production with 21 pages of illuminations. Illustrated by Day & Son Color illustration. FIRST EDITION. Purple inkstamp of: "Thos H. Moxon" to prelim. *Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool. (Ronnorm@aol.com)*
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. Mediaeval Religious Illumination.
2. Title page.
3. Initial letter 'T' and page of text surrounded by an intricate coloured border design.
4. Initial letter 'T' and a page of text with a coloured border.
5. Assorted initial letters in colour. In different languages.
6. Attractive border decoration to a page of text concerning 'Antique Illumination'.
7. Mediaeval Greek illuminator.
8. Various border illuminations used to decorate mediaeval manuscripts etc.
9. Illuminated scenes of the construction of a large building, showing the stone being quarried, stonemasons at work, nobleman overseeing the work. Latin inscription beneath.
10. Various border illuminations used to decorate mediaeval manuscripts etc.
11. The month of January, complete with 'red letter days and filled with ornate and attractive marginal illuminations.
12. As above, but for the month of February.
13. Border illumination to a page of text.
14. Stunning illuminations to a page of Latin text.
15. The month of March, complete with 'red letter' days and other and religious observances with a series of mediaeval farming illuminations surrounding it.
16. A Russo-Byzantine Book-Cover, 14th or 15th Century.
17. Large initial letter 'S'.
18. The month of April, with religious observances marked out, surrounded by beautiful illuminations.
19. Various mediaeval illuminations used in manuscripts.
20. Large initial letter 'B'.
21. The month of May in muted tones.
22. Initial letters 'C' & 'P' complete with attractive border illumination, beginning a page of text.
23. A stunning illumination of a page of Latin text.
24. Ladies-in-Waiting (?), all seated in a royal bed chamber, watching a woman kneeling whilst presenting an illuminated book to their noblewoman.
25. Initial letter 'A' and attractive marginal illumination to a page of text.
- Hand coloured plates
- Art, Chromo added colour, Religious/Christian
- Stock ID