- CREIGHTON, Henry.
- The Ruins of Gour described, and represented in eighteen views; with a topographical map
- London: Black, Parbury, & Allen, 1817.
- FIRST EDITION. 4to., [iv], iii, 12, pp., includes half-title and list of views, 15 hand-coloured and 3 uncoloured aquatint plates by T. Medland, large folding hand-coloured map etched by Thomas Fisher, East India House, after Creighton dated 1811. Modern dark blue polished half calf gilt, marbled boards, title to spine in gilt. Scarce. Creighton (1767 - 1807) was the Superintendent of an indigo factory at Gaur. He left a collection of drawings and descriptions of the ruins. James Moffat published six of these shortly after his death. The present publication was published to assist Creighton's widow and children. The engraver, Medland, was drawing master at The East India Company's College at Haileybury.
Coloured plated in order:
1. The Tower.
2. The Dakhil Gate.
3. The Chand Gate.
4. The Cutwaly Gate
5. The Suna Masjid, or Golden Mosque.
6. Chuta Suna Masjid or small Golden Mosque.
7. The Inside of the Chuta Suna Masjid or small Golden Mosque.
8. The Tomb of Shah Husayn.
9. The Painted Mosque.
10. A small gateway covered with a Dome.
11. Kadum Rasul, or the Prophet's Foot, a Mosque.
12. Thanty Para.
13. Ruins of a Bridge.
14. Tombs at the small Golden Mosque.
15. Cham Kutta, a small Mosque.
16. A (folding) map of Gour 1801.
- Abbey Travel 438; Bobins II 794
- Hand coloured plates
- India, Map, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID