- SAMUEL, Peter.
- The Wesleyan-Methodist Missions, in Jamaica and Honduras, Delineated: Containing a Description of the Principal Stations. Together with a Consecutive Account of the Rise and Progress of the Work of God at Each. Illustrated by a Map and Thirty-Three
- London: Partridge, Oakey & Mason, 1850.
- Contemporary full blind-stamped cloth with floral center piece and corner pieces to upper and lower boards, flat spine in four compartments of double-blind bands, gilt text on two, yellow endpapers. Complete with 34 plates on 32 leaves, including 33 hand-coloured views and a map of Jamaica, all drawn by the author. 8vo. Aside from minor age-toning, this is a very good copy of this important missionary work, text and plates are clean and crisp, with several unopened leaves. Pagination P. (2), blank, frontis, title, blank, dedication, blank, contents v-ix, order of the views, 9-320, printer's imprint blank, (2).
Coloured plates in order:
1. The House in which the Mission was begun.
2. Wesleyan Chapel, Port Royal.
3. Parade Chapel, Kingston, opened in 1792.
4. Wesleyan Chapel & School House, Kingston.
5. Ebenezer Chapel, Kingston.
6. Coke Chapel & Normal School, Kingston.
7. Montego Bay Chapel.
8. Beecham Chapel, Sandy Bay.
9. Wesleyan Chapel, Spanish Town.
10. Morant Bay Chapel and House.
11. Yallah's Chapel.
12. Grateful Hill Chapel & Residence.
13. Stoney Hill Chapel and House.
14. Falmouth Chapel.
15. Duncans Chapel.
16. Mission House at St Ann's Bay in 1827.
17. St Ann's Vay Chapel.
18. Beecham Mission Residence & Chapel.
19. Watsonville Chapel.
20. Guy's Hill Chapel.
21. Ocho Rios Chapel.
22. Brown's Town Chapel.
23. Stewats Town Chapel
24. Bath Chapel. St Thomas in the East.
25. Manchioneal Chapel.
26. Port Morant Chapel.
27. Port Antonio Chapel
28. Mount Fletcher Chapel.
29. Lime Savanna Chapel, Clarendon
30. Savanna La - Mar Chapel.
31. Lucea Chapel.
32. Chapel, Residence & School, Mount - Ward.
33. The Wesleyan Chapel, Belize. Honduras Bay
- Sabin 75966; Ragatz 360
- Hand coloured plates
- Religious/Christian, The Americas, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID