- [Vietnamese Costume Album]
- N.d. c. 1887.
- Oblong folio (12" x 19") bound in a 3/4 mustard cloth binding with marbled boards. With an inscription on the front free endpaper "achetes a Hanoi 1887". 7 coloured watercolours and a series of uncoloured drawings, which are on thinner paper but have a similar mixture of scenes to those in watercolour. The watercolours themselves are in reasonable condition, but the drawings are rather creased and frayed. Work portrays costumes, trades and other sundry activities.
Coloured plates in order:
1. A pair of fruit (bananas) basket carriers.
2. A pair of hat makers.
3. Female fish sellers.
4. Agricultural workers carrying hoes.
5. Bamboo workers. Sawing, cutting etc.
7. A wealthy man on a horse back, surrounded by servants, one bearing a pennant etc.
- Hand coloured plates
- China, Costume, Culture/Lifestyle, Watercolours
- Stock ID